The National Conference for Catechetical Leadership is rich in its diversity of membership. The spectrum of talent and experience we have in the association -- from diocesan and parish to academic and publishing -- enables us to work vigorously and effectively on behalf of the Church's catechetical ministry.
NCCL membership includes:
- Catechetical Leader — This distinguished magazine (published six times a year) has no equal in catechetical publications. CL is dedicated to the best in scholarly and catechetical articles and organizational information specifically for catechetical leaders throughout the nation. Catechetical UpDate is a significant portion of the magazine which is dedicated to a single topic of current catechetical or professional development.
- Annual Conference and Exposition — Usually held each April, our annual conference provides catechetical presentations from the very best and most sought-after presenters. Superior professional development opportunities and challenging networking sessions for both the veteran and beginner are offered.The six tasks of catechesis, along with the national standards, are addressed through updates and learning sessions on these key topics. The Expo gives attendees the opportunity to speak personally with representatives from our catholic publishers and vendors. The annual conference never disappoints in regards to socials, wonderful hospitality and loads of fun.
- NCCL Web Site — A professional website and membership database access for organizational information, timely catechetical features, free career center, news, down-loadable resources, and exclusive member discounts at the NCCL book store. Participation and access to the 21st Century Catholic Evangelization website.
- Professional Development — Seminars, symposia and other educational opportunities aimed at catechetical professionals address current issues and create dialogue and additional knowledge and skills for the ministry. The opportunity to achieve national certification as a Parish Catechetical Leader through the Alliance for the Certification of Lay Ecclesial Ministers
- Advocacy — NCCL represents the concerns of its members and the broader catechetical community in many settings, especially with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and a multitude of partnership with other national organizations.
- Communications — A regular electronic communication addressing news of the organization, catechetical issues, reflections on matters of the previous week and book recommendations is received at the beginning of each week.
Consider your NCCL membership not only as investment in your own professional growth, but also an important contribution to the ministry we share. Join us today!